Thursday, July 24, 2008

Koi, oh Koi!










So, some friends and I took a little trip into DC to visit the National Arboretum. I had no idea what it was all about but it has some amazing things to see there. One of my favorite things about this little excursion was watching the Koi fish. SO FUNNY!! I think I could have fed them for hours.

They had a few different buildings dedicated to bonsai trees. Some were hundereds, yes, hundreds of years old. The Lemon tree has been--as they call it--"In training since 1875". Wow.... And how about the miniature asian scenes set up within the bonsais.....the detail work was beyond amazing--not to mention a little tempting to know what they were talking about so intently... tee hee...

Lastly, they had the original pillars from the Capital Building there, which I had no idea that the originals weren't still with the rest of the building!! It was a relaxing, educational day.....

2 comments:

john papworth said...

wow, during the time that i was making my 2 sentence comment on your last post, i came back to your page and you had already made another post. patti, i have been blogging for years now, and i must say i've NEVER seen such a fast post. you have a talent, nay a gift for blogging. yes, you belong here with us blogopeople. and yes, i did just make that word up so when you see it gracing an article in newsweek or something you'll know that i am really important, influencial, and powerful.

Max :) said...

YEAH!! YOU DID SOMETHING ON YOUR BLOG!! I am impressed!! I agree John!! A powerful talent as well...:). Took you a while though to join us "blogpeople" :)